The Nutrition & Wellness Department mission is to provide nutritious meals and to support and enhance the learning process. By fostering nutritious eating habits, our district's children will be prepared for a healthier lifestyle. The PV Schools Nutrition & Wellness Department:
- Serves an average of 17,000 meals per day
- Serves meals in accordance with the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act 2010 which requires a variety of healthy foods including whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and low sodium foods
- Provides nutritious snacks to 50 after-school and preschool programs
- Serves universal breakfast in the classroom at 10 schools
Free and reduced-price meal applications are available in school cafeterias and offices.
Our facilities meet all food safety and sanitation regulations established by the Maricopa County Department of Environmental Services. If you have questions or concerns call us at (602) 449-2274.
Summer Feeding Sites Near You
There are multiple sites within the Phoenix area that are serving no-cost meals and fun to kids 18 years and younger. No application or proof of income is required. Please go to Summer Feeding Site Locations and use the interactive map to find locations and times, or text FOOD to 877877.
National School Lunch Program Free and Reduced-Price Meals
The National School Lunch Program provides students who meet certain criteria free or reduced-price meals at their school. For students who qualify, breakfast and lunch are offered at no charge. This program operates in all schools in the district.
Below are Parent Letters with instructions and Meal Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Reduced-Price Meals Parent Letter 2019-2020 (English)
- Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals 2019-2020 (English)
- Reduced-Price Meals Parent Letter 2019-2020 (Spanish)
- Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals 2019-2020 (Spanish)
Paper applications are available at all school offices and cafeterias. Applications can also be completed online at EZMealApp.
If you have any questions about the free and reduced-price meals program contact the Nutrition & Wellness Department at (602) 449-2274.
|Adult Lunch w/Beverage||$3.00|
|Adult Lunch w/Beverage||$3.25|
|Adult Lunch w/Beverage||$3.50|