As PVSchools works to improve the website experience, some menu and content changes may occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Nutrition and Wellness
The PVSchools Nutrition and Wellness Department's mission is to provide nutritious meals and to support and enhance the learning process. By fostering nutritious eating habits, our district's children will be prepared for a healthier lifestyle. The PVSchools Nutrition and Wellness Department:
- Serves an average of 17,000 meals per day.
- Serves meals in accordance with the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act 2010, which requires a variety of healthy foods – including whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and low sodium foods.
- Provides nutritious snacks to 50 after-school and preschool programs.
- Serves universal breakfast in the classroom at 10 schools.
Free and reduced-price meal applications are available in school cafeterias and offices.
Full-Month Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Looking for breakfast menus or lunch menus? If you're on a desktop device, look in the sidebar to the right; if you're on a mobile device, scroll below to see links to each grade level's breakfast and lunch menu for the entire month.
Our facilities meet all food safety and sanitation regulations established by the Maricopa County Department of Environmental Services. If you have questions or concerns, call us at (602) 449-2274.
National School Lunch Program Free and Reduced-Price Meals
The National School Lunch Program provides students who meet certain criteria free or reduced-price meals at their school. For students who qualify, breakfast and lunch are offered at no charge. This program operates in all schools in the district; applications need to be completed ANNUALLY at the start of each school year.
Below are paper applications for print. They can be completed and dropped off at your student's school cafeteria:
- Parent Letter 2021-2022 (English)
- Free & Reduced Meal Application 2021-2022 (English)
- Parent Letter 2021-2022 (Spanish)
- Free & Reduced Meal Application 2021-2022 (Spanish)
Online applications can be completed through EZMealApp.com.
While breakfast and lunch will be offered for free during the 2021-2022 school year, completion of this application is still important for a number of reasons, such as:
- Eligibility to receive Pandemic EBT.
- Funding for student programs and services.
- Eligibility for discounted rates on internet services.
- Reduced registration fees for AP, SAT and/or ACT tests.
- Discounted rates on fees associated with applying for college and other extracurricular programs.
If you have any questions about the free and reduced-price meals program, contact the Nutrition & Wellness Department at (602) 449-2274.
If the students in your household are enrolled in a virtual learning model for the 21-22 SY and are in need of meal service, please complete the PVConnect/PVOnline Meal Request Form. The Nutrition & Wellness Department will review and reach out to you with further details.
Elementary School Student Prices
Extra Milk/Juice $0.25
Adult Breakfast $1.50
Adult Lunch $3.25
Adult Lunch w/ Beverage $3.50
Middle School Student Prices
Extra Milk/Juice $0.25
Adult Breakfast $1.75
Adult Lunch $3.50
Adult Lunch w/ Beverage $3.75
High School Student Prices
Extra Milk/Juice $0.25
Adult Breakfast $2.00
Adult Lunch $3.75
Adult Lunch w/ Beverage $4.00
View Nutrition Resources
- Visit ChooseMyPlate.com (a food plan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture).
- Explore Arizona Department of Education health and nutrition services.
- Learn about the School Nutrition Association.
Meal Account Payment Options and Charge Policy
- Cash or check payments can be taken directly to your school's cafeteria.
- Pre-pay online: Visit EZSchoolPay to create an account. (EZSchoolPay also allows parents to set up email notifications for low balance reminders.)
Negative Balance Policy
Low and negative balances on students’ meal accounts will be communicated to household by letter, email and/or phone.
Nutrition and Wellness Positions
Learn About Employment and Internships
Open positions are posted on the district employment page. Job duties include:
- Food preparation
- Serving food
- Money handling
- General clean-up
All Nutrition and Wellness Department positions require a Maricopa County Food Handler's Card. Information can be obtained from the Maricopa County website. Proof of immunization for MMR is required for those born after January 1, 1957. Upon being hired for the school district, you will be fingerprinted.