COVID-19 Update: Distance learning recommenced for PVSchools students on Monday, November 23.
Social Media Use Purpose and Disclaimer
The Paradise Valley Unified School District (“District”) recognizes the value of using social media as a communication and learning tool. The District’s social media accounts exist to facilitate dialog and share information of interest to members of the community, further the District’s mission and vision, and enhance communication with students, parents, guardians, staff and the community.
The District currently operates accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linked In, Instagram and YouTube.
The District’s social media accounts are sponsored, produced and maintained by the District.
By joining, using or participating in any of the district’s sites you agree to post only comments that are polite, productive and respectful of others. Any statements made on social media contrary to these principles may be removed by the District. Opinions posted to District social media accounts do not necessarily represent the views of the District. Users are responsible for all content uploaded to the District social media accounts, including any copyrighted or otherwise protected content. Users have no expectation of privacy and should refer to the privacy and security policies for respective social media sites with any questions.
The District, at its sole discretion, may block certain persons or accounts from its social media accounts.
The District will regularly monitor its social media and immediately remove any post that is determined to be inappropriate, including but not limited to:
- Posts intended to incite students as to create a danger and risk of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises, violate of school rules or District policies, or cause a disruption of the school’s orderly operation;
- Hate speech; profanity, obscenity or vulgarity; comments that could be considered prejudicial, racist or inflammatory;
- Obscene, nude or offensive imagery (including but not limited to, profile pictures);
- Defamatory statements to a person or people; name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are commercial in nature and/or to sell a product;
- Comments that infringe on copyright or another person’s intellectual property;
- Spam comments from individuals or groups, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile;
- Personal information about you or another individual (including identifying information, email addresses, phone numbers or private addresses);
- False representation of another individual, organization, government or entity; or
- Endorsement or comment upon a candidate or issue on the ballot in a local, state or federal election.
Students who misuse District social media may be subject to disciplinary action even if these offenses do not occur on school grounds or during school hours in accordance with District Policy JIC, JICEC, JICK and JK. Repeated violations by staff and/or students may be a violation District Policies GBEF, GBEBB , JIC, JICEC, JICK and JK. View the District Governing Board Policies.
Any questions or concerns related to District social media accounts should be directed to email@example.com.