Applying to CREST
CREST Open House, November 5, 2018, 6:00 - 7:00 PM, CREST Building
Join us for an informal overview of the CREST program and a tour of the facility.
The CREST Program is now accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year.
To successfully complete your application please follow these steps
- Application: Complete the Online Application (Starting Oct 2, 2018) - You will then receive links for the recommendation and HireVue online interview.
- Recommendations: Send recommendation form link to the all of the following:
- Your current math or science teacher
- Any other teacher
- A community leader (coach, scout leader, church official, etc.)
- Interview: Complete the online interview
You will receive the link to HireVue online interview when you complete the application.
The CREST program interview consists of several written prompts and several video responses. If you do not have access to a computer with a webcam please contact the CREST Program Coordinator, Phil Howardell at email@example.com.
- Transcripts: PVSchools students do not need to send current grades, we will check your grades. Students from outside the Paradise Valley School District, please ask your current school to email your most recent grades to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few tips to help you complete your interview
- Ensure that that you are filming in a quiet, well lit area that is free from distractions
- Follow all directions
- Focus on addressing each specific question
- Avoid duplicating information
- Remember, you are passionate, creative, and enthusiastic. Relax and let those qualities show.
*HireVue is an online video interview program that is used by industry Human Resource departments to manage their hiring processes. As of August 2013 PV Schools was one of only two school districts in the nation to use this program and CREST is the only program in the district to use the HireVue software.
Using HireVue is consistent with our goals of integrating technology into our curriculum, providing students with authentic learning experiences, and preparing students for life beyond high school. PVHS-CREST is proud to provide you with the opportunity to use industry standard technology during your application process.