Dress Code Information
The purpose of our dress code is to promote an environment conducive to student success. We want students to feel free to express their individual style while remaining modest and appropriately dressed for school.
- All tops must have straps, and straps must be a minimum of 1-2 inches wide. Spaghetti straps or low-cut arm holes are not permitted.
- Baring one’s abdomen, back, or chest, or wearing clothing that falls off the shoulder is not allowed.
- Shorts and skirts must properly conceal one’s buttocks completely even when sitting or bending.
- Clothing such as shirts and socks may not reference drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence, or nudity, or potentially offensive messages or picture on clothing or personal items. Shirts may not have low-cut arm holes.
- Any garment allowing undergarments to show is inappropriate.
- Sleepwear, including slippers, is not permitted nor appropriate for school.
- State law mandates shoes must be worn at all times.
- Sandals may not be worn during P.E.
- Chains or spikes of any kind are not permitted.
- Hats or head coverings are not allowed to be worn or carried.
When a student is found in violation of the dress code, he/she is sent to the nurse to change and a phone call will be made to the parent or guardian of the student. Continuing infractions will result in a discipline referral. Please note that the dress code is in effect at all school events regardless of the time of day.
Decisions as to the appropriateness of dress, rests with the school administration. The dress code is in effect at all school events/trips regardless of the time of day.