Open Enrollment Information for 2019-20
All Arizona students are permitted to attend any public school of their choice - even if the school is outside their district attendance area or outside their district of residence. PVSchools allows students from anywhere in the state to enroll with us based on individual school availability.Open Enrollment applications for 2019-20 will be accepted beginning on Tuesday, September, 4th. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications prior to this date. There are two rounds for open enrollment: early bird and final. Please see below for schools that have closures for open enrollment.
Early Bird Round:
- The Early Bird Round, which is for families residing within, as well as outside district boundaries begins on Tuesday, September 4th and concludes on December 3rd. All early bird applications received will be processed and parents/guardians notified via email prior to winter break.
- The Early Bird Round is NOT first-come first-served. Everyone applying between September 4th and December 3rd has the same opportunity for acceptance.
- The Final Round, which is for out-of-district families ONLY, begins December 4th and concludes on January 21st. Applications received during this time frame will be processed and accepted/denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional closures by December 4th. Applicants will be notified via email in February.
- Applications received after the December 4th but prior to January 21 will be processed and accepted/denied based on remaining space availability at the requested school. Please note that there may be additional school closures by December 4.
- Out of district parents that miss the open enrollment deadlines still have an opportunity to apply by contacting the school of their choice to inquire about space availability for enrollment.
- Out of district students are responsible for transportation to and from school.
Additional Important Information:
- Students currently enrolled in one of our PVSchools under Open Enrollment do not need to reapply if they are remaining at the same school.
- Per Governing Board policy students currently on open enrollment and wishing to continue through their ES/MS/HS feeder system DO NOT need to reapply when entering 7th grade or 9th grade providing they choose to attend the middle school or high school in their current feeder system. They just need to notify their current school (commitment letters to be sent from schools in November) that they wish to continue in their current feeder system.
- If a school other than the feeder school is selected, parents will need to complete an Open Enrollment application. Some middle schools feed to more than one high school so it’s imperative that the current school office knows the feeder choice before December 3rd. Incoming siblings of currently attending open-enrolled students must apply for Open Enrollment but will be given priority status.
Where to submit open enrollment documents:*Parents should submit completed Open Enrollment documents for the next school year to:Elementary (K-6)
- Fax: 602.449.2099
- Email: email@example.com
Alternatively, applications can be mailed or dropped off to the PVSchools District Administrative Center, 15002 N. 32nd St., Phoenix. Completed forms may also be dropped off to your school of choice.*By signing/submitting an Open Enrollment form, the student and parent/guardian agree to comply with all policies and regulations of the Paradise Valley Schools including standards for conduct and attendance.
- Fax: 602.449.2094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools Closed for Open Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year:
- Fireside Elementary School is Open for Kindergarten, but closed for all other grades. After December 1st Kindergarten will be closed to all in district applicants. Out of district applicants will close on January 21, 2019.
- Desert Shadows Middle School and Explorer Middle School are closed for grade 8. Applications for grade 7 will be accepted based upon availability.
- Pinnacle High School is closed for grades 10, 11 and 12. Applications for grade 9 will be accepted based upon availability.
Open Enrollment Assistance:
For assistance with the Open Enrollment process, please call or email: