15002 N. 32nd Street Phoenix, AZ 85032
Applications to the preschool and kindergarten Self-contained Gifted and Talented program for Fall 2014 will be posted on Dec. 6. We will begin accepting applications Feb. 3, 2014.
Paradise Valley Unified School District features a Gifted Preschool Program for 4-year-old children who are identified as gifted.
- Emphasis on critical and creative thinking
- Accelerated curriculum
- Integrated technology
- Core content
- Teachers are Early Childhood Certified and hold a Gifted Endorsement..
- The Gifted Preschool follows the PV Schools district calendar.
- Both schools offer full-time gifted programs for students in grades K-6.
- Transportation is not provided for preschool students.
This unique, tuition-based program is open to gifted preschool students throughout the Valley.
The program is offered at three schools.
Desert Cove Elementary School
- Located off the 51 & Shea, 11020 N. 28th St., Phoenix
- Hours 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Before and after-school childcare offered in the Mascot Cougar Club
- Visit pvschools.net/dces
Fireside Elementary School
- Located off the 101 & Tatum near Desert Ridge Mall, 3725 E. Lone Cactus Dr.
- Hours 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Before- and after-school childcare offered in the Mascot Club
- Visit pvschools.net/fses
North Ranch Elementary School
- Located on 62nd Street between Bell and Greenway
- Hours: 9a.m. - 3p.m.
Admittance to the Gifted and Talented Preschool is a three-part process
- Gifted testing to qualify for program application. Students must be identified as
gifted on an IQ test. Parents may seek private testing or may schedule testing by
our district by calling 602-449-2112.
- Application submission to the PV Schools Gifted Office.
- Registration and registration fee payment to PV Schools Community Education.
Letter of acceptance is required for registration.
A child must have reached their fourth birthday to be eligible to attend the Gifted and
- If your child is accepted into the Gifted and Talented Preschool and is already four
years of age or will reach his/her fourth birthday prior to the first day of school, you
may register for the Gifted and Talented Preschool at any time after acceptance and
with payment of the registration fee.
- If your child will reach his/her fourth birthday during the school year, you may apply for the Gifted and Talented Preschool one month prior to your child's fourth birthday. If accepted, you may register at Community Education with payment of the registration fee and a non-refundable deposit of the first month's tuition (to be applied upon entrance into the program).
Given that enrollment is ongoing throughout the school year, some students may attend the Gifted and Talented Preschool for more than one year, until they are age appropriate for enrollment into Kindergarten
Parents are welcome to seek private IQ testing with a psychologist. Call our office at 602-449-2113 for information on the type of testing required. You may schedule testing with a district school psychologist by calling 602-449-2113. Testing will take place during in June, on selected days outside of school hours. A testing fee of $180 is required two weeks prior to testing. Students must qualify as gifted by obtaining a score of 90% or above in Verbal, Nonverbal, and/or Quantitative area(s).
Application form and FAQs
$7,600 per school year, paid in 10 monthly installments
Application (PDF) - for both 2013-14 and 2014-15 (multiple page docum
FAQs - general self contained gifted program (PDF)
FAQs - preschool and kindergarten gifted program (PDF)