The Academies — for middle school students
- Honors Academy of Pre-Engineering
- Honors Academy of World Languages
- Serving families looking for an honors core (English, math, science, social studies) with an emphasis in World Languages and Pre-Engineering within an outstanding, comprehensive public middle school
- The Academy of Visual Art
- The Academy of Music
- Serving families looking for a middle school education with an emphasis in the Fine Arts. Also available with the Honors core.
Visit Desert Shadow Middle School for more information
Students in the Honors Academy of World Language will be placed in the “Honors Core” and take the following courses: Honors English, Honors Science, Honors Social Studies, a World Language of choice, and the appropriate advanced math course.
Students in the Honors Academy of Pre-Engineering will be placed in the “Honors Core” and take the following courses: Honors English, Honors Science, Honors Social Studies, pre-engineering courses, and the appropriate advanced math course.
The Academy of Visual Arts and the Academy of Music are designed for musically and artistically talented students, and are offered alongside the Gifted Core classes. Gifted students in the Academies will experience an interactive, challenging educational experience fostered by teachers with training in gifted education and the fine arts.
Applications for the Academies can be accessed from this site, or from the DSMS website. Please direct inquiries regarding the application process, coursework, and schedules to the Desert Shadows Middle School office or the school website at www.pvschools.net/dshms. Space is limited in each program to maintain appropriate class sizes.