| The Paradise Valley Unified School District opened College and Career Centers at five district high schools and are made possible by The Foundation for Public Education. The career specialists are:
- Horizon – Susan Ruby
- North Canyon – Cyndee Welch
- Paradise Valley – Jennifer Kopp
- Pinnacle – Kelly LaPorte & Rebecca Larsen
- Shadow Mountain - Debra Grand
The College and Career Specialists are available before school, during lunch and after school. Topics the specialists are prepared to discuss:
- I don’t know what I want to major in at college?
- What school is best for me? Should I go to a community college first?
- Will any colleges visit my high school? How do I sign up to attend the visits?
- What if I want to go directly into the workforce after high school?
- How do I decide what I want to do with the rest of my life? Are there other options besides a traditional college experience?
- How am I going to pay for college?
- Who do I talk to about joining the military?
- When do I need to take the SAT or ACT? How do I register for these tests?
- I want to prepare for the SAT/ACT but where can I find study tools?
- What’s required if I want to play sports in college?
- Where do I find information about scholarships?
- How do I order transcripts for colleges, scholarships, etc.?
- Explanation of the college application and financial aid process
College and Career Center Center services
Coordinating college & career and scholarship information
Providing financial aid and other aspects of orienting students to post-secondary life
Maintaining college/career folder for students
Personally interviewing each senior regarding post-secondary plans
Scheduling visits for two- and four-year college recruiters and armed services
Assisting students with financial aid information
Matching students to scholarships and financial aid opportunities
Compiling data regarding scholarships and financial aid
Facilitating career expos and presentations