Elementary Physical Education
PVSchools provides physical education in grades K-6 and some of our schools feature a mind-body philosophy as part of an all-school special area of emphasis.Physical education teaches students how to become fit and healthy for life, and fosters enjoyment of physical activity and healthier eating habits. Physical education also helps children become better learners. Research suggests that PE improves concentration and helps reduce stress. Learning team activities can also help students strengthen peer relationships.
For more information specific to each school, we invite you to visit or call the school and talk with your principal.
Goals for students
- Be involved in activities that allow for personal success
- Allow for a varied and broad curriculum
- Develop basic safety skills and attitudes
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Development of social skills
- Develop skills and understandings for leisure and life time activities
- Develop an awareness for health and wellness concepts