Paradise Valley Unified School District No. 69
TRANSPORTATION BUS NON-DRIVING AIDE (Formerly Bus Aide (Non Driving))
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Must pass Current School Bus Non Driving Aide Performance Test (District requirement).
3. Knowledge of and ability to assist students with various special needs and related equipment.
4. Must be physically able to assist in lifting students and operate the wheelchair lift.
5. Effective communication skills.
6. Current CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain certificates within 3 months.
REPORTS TO: Driver Trainer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establish and maintain a good rapport with employees, students, and community.
2. Assist the driver in securing wheelchairs, student restraints, and other safety equipment on the bus.
3. Maintain discipline when students are on the bus.
4. Assist in the loading and unloading of students on and off the bus.
5. Performs First Aid and CPR procedures, if necessary.
6. Provide specified medical support for students on board the bus.
7. Assist driver in conducting emergency evacuations.
8. Other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine, ten, or twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Decisions regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation(s) will be based upon the merits of each situation. The principle criteria will be that of effectiveness and safety.
REVISED: 7/1/96; 7/1/03; 3/1/06; 7/1/06; 7/1/08