Paradise Valley Unified School District No. 69
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Knowledge of and experience with ELL students.
3. Knowledge of general office procedures.
4. Effective computer skills
5. Effective communications skills.
REPORTS TO: Language Acquisition Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establish and maintain good rapport with students, staff and community.
2. Coordinate testing of individual students and/or groups of students in English and Spanish using the district language proficiency assessments at all schools within the district. (Travel to all schools required.)
3. Establish and maintain data files and computer records for English learns and students with a primary home language other than English.
4. Support other testing clerks and SEI teachers with information, guidance and training on testing protocol and reporting procedures.
5. Work as an active participant in a collaborative team; attend in-services and other trainings as requested by administrative staff, as needed.
6. Provide Spanish/English interpretation as needed.
7. Other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine, ten or twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Decisions regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation(s) will be based upon the merits of each situation. The principle criteria will be that of effectiveness and safety.
SKILL TESTS REQUIRED: Spelling, Mathematics, Filing and Typing