The Paradise Valley Unified School District offers a world-class education to students in kindergarten
through grade 12.
The district has 32 elementary schools offering free, full-day kindergarten through grade 6; eight
middle schools with grades 7 and 8; and six high schools with grades 9 through 12.
The district is also an Arizona Online Instruction provider with pvONLINE, which offers K-12 online
Our education programs include:
- K-12 International Baccalaureate
- Core Knowledge®
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Global Geography
- Gifted and special education
- Fine arts
- Career and technical education
- Before- after-school programs
- Sports and extracurricular activities
- Pre-K programs including classes for gifted pre-K children
The district is located in 98-square miles of northeast Phoenix and north Scottsdale in an area
bounded by 7th Avenue and Pima Road, and Northern Avenue and Jomax Road. With approximately
33,000 students, the PV Schools district is the seventh-largest in the state.
PV Schools is also one of the Valley’s larger employers, with approximately 3,800 full time certified
teachers and education support professionals.
The Paradise Valley Unified School District will be the national leader in setting high standards for
student achievement in a college-ready environment that instills a sense of community. All students
will acquire a thirst for learning through challenging and engaging content that is individually crafted to
propel them into the 21st century confident, poised and prepared with skills that will endure the test of
time and ensure individual success.
- All students can achieve… and all means all
- The individual student is our main focus
- The highest quality educators guarantee the highest quality education
- Parents are partners and valued resources in the educational process
- Global mindedness is essential for students
- Technology plays a critical role in the lives and successes of our students
- Community and business partnerships are essential
The mission of the Paradise Valley Unified School District is to cultivate, lead and inspire world-class,
innovative thinkers and expert communicators through a focus on the relationship between educator
and student built around challenging, meaningful and engaging curriculum.